Military Academic Nominations
DEADLINE IS OCTOBER 26 at 5pm CT! No late applications will be accepted.
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies: U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY; the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD; the U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO; and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Congressman Hurd may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to our district. To start a Military Academy Nomination from our office, please complete the form below. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.
Once you complete the online form you will receive a confirmation email from our coordinator. In trying to eliminate paper waste you can submit the majority of the items below to HurdServiceAcademyNoms@mail.house.gov.
A complete nomination file consists of the following items:
- Current photo (wallet size or 2.5" x 3.5", if mailed)*
- High school transcript *(you may have your counselor or school office send this directly)
- American College Testing Program (ACT) results and/or College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) results (SAT code for Rep. Hurd: 5452, ACT code for Rep. Hurd: 7704)**
- An essay stating why you want to attend a service academy (500 words or less)*
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation (max 6)*